I must admit, I’m a bit of a purist at heart. There are some things that I simply don’t like to mess with. My hummus is one of them. I don’t want fancy things like pumpkin or chipotle in my hummus, thank-you-very-much.
Hummus is a staple in our house, and is so healthy, so we figured we may as well make our own. My secret is the little contraption that came with my immersion blender. It is PERFECT for whipping up a small batch of hummus and super easy to clean.
I add a bit of chicken or vegetable stock to the puree to help make it smooth and creamy without making it taste completely like olive oil. You can add a handful of chopped parsley to the top for garnish if you wish!
- 1 can (540mL) chickpeas, drained
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 tsp. sea salt
- 3 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 2-3 Tbsp. chicken or vegetable stock
- 1 1/2 Tbsp. tahini
- juice of 1 lemon (2-3 Tbsp.)
- Add all of the ingredients into the container of a blender or mini food processor. Pulse until the mixture is nice and smooth, stirring in between if needed.
- Serve with a drizzle of olive oil and a handful of fresh parsley if desired. Makes a great dip for vegetables, pita or your favourite crackers.