After a week of incredible, indulgent food, my body is ready for some clean eating! I’m not a big New Years Resolution kind of gal to be honest, but I seem to crave everything healthy with the start of a new year, like this quinoa salad.
I adore the contrast of sweet and salty. With the added touch of mint and the slight crunch of the quinoa, this salad makes an awesome light lunch or side to dinner (would be dreamy with grilled salmon or chicken). The flavours are very light and reminds me of something you would get served at a spa. It will serve 4-6 people.
- 3 cups cooked quinoa
- 1 long english cucumber, sliced
- 1 cup grapes, cut in half
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1/4 cup fresh mint leaves, chopped
- 2 green onions, diced
- 4 Tbsp. olive oil
- 2 tsp. red wine vinegar
- 1 tsp. lemon or lime juice
- 1 tsp. honey or sugar
- salt & pepper to taste
- Prepare the quinoa and set aside to fully cool.
- In a large bowl, add the quinoa, cucumber, grapes, feta cheese, mint and green onion: toss to combine.
- In a separate small bowl, combine the olive oil, red wine vinegar and honey or sugar. Mix well and stir into the salad: toss to combine.
- Season with salt and pepper and enjoy!