If you want to take it a step further in the ‘healthy’ department, substitute half of the noodles for zucchini noodles just like I did in the picture above (you can make them in a spiralizer in a flash). Of course you can substitute ALL of them for zucchini noodles should you wish, but I like everything in moderation and still enjoy the substance of the pasta noodles: healthy eating doesn’t have to be all-or-nothing!
- 250 g. dry pasta*
- 2 ripe avocados, pitted and skin removed
- 1 large clove of garlic, crushed
- 3 Tbsp. garlic infused olive oil (I used Maison Orphée brand) **
- 1 tsp. sea salt (or to taste)
- ½ c. packed fresh basil leaves
- juice of 1 lemon
- 1 tsp. grated lemon rind
- extra basil leaves or arugula for serving
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a rolling boil. Add the pasta once the water is boiling.
- Meanwhile, combine all of the remaining ingredients in a food processor (a mini one will do as there arent many ingredients). Process until smooth, about 2 minutes.
- Place the sauce mixture in a medium bowl, and once the pasta is cooked al dente, add the noodles to the sauce bowl with a set of tongs. Mix with the tongs to combine,adding a bit more of the pasta water if needed should the sauce be too thick (the pasta water is the BEST for adding a velvety texture to a too-thick pasta).
- Serve with a handful of fresh arugula leaves or fresh basil leaves.
Thank you so much to Nature’s Fare Markets for sponsoring this healthy post!