I won’t take credit for these perfect little pieces of heaven. My 3 year old son Charlie proposed that we make coconut pancakes this morning. My thought? Brilliant! But I’ll let you decide 🙂
- 3 tbsp. melted butter
- 2 c. flour (can substitute gluten-free flour)
- 1/2 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- ¼ c. sugar
- 2 ½ tsp. baking powder
- ½ tsp. salt
- 1 can (398mL) coconut milk
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1/2 tsp coconut extract
- Melt the butter in a saucepan or microwave and cool.
- In a large bowl, mix together all of the dry ingredients.
- In a separate bowl, beat the eggs with a fork and add the coconut milk, vanilla, coconut extract and cooled melted butter
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and stir just until mixed: do not over mix! It will still look lumpy.
- Heat a griddle or pan with a small amount of vegetable oil on medium heat, pour into pancake shapes of your choice, and flip when the bottom is golden brown.