These coconut macaroons are SO easy to make and SO impressive! Moist, chewy and absolutely delicious, you can whip these up for last minute company in under 20 minutes with a few simple ingredients. Even better, they are naturally gluten-free with no fancy ingredients required: just make sure your coconut is produced in a wheat-free plant (it will not have the disclaimer for wheat). Enjoy!
- 1 Tbsp. sugar
- 2 1/2 cups sweetened shredded coconut
- 2 large egg whites
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- pinch of salt
- Preheat the oven to 325 F and line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, combine all of the ingredients: mix well.
- Using a small scoop or teaspoon, place a teaspoon of the cookie mixture on the cookie sheet, leaving about 1″ space between each cookie.
- Bake until just golden brown, about 16 minutes, rotating half way through.
- Cool and eat!
Variation: Add 1/3 cup of finely chopped dark chocolate to the mixture before shaping into cookies.
Tip: If you are using unsweetened coconut, increase the sugar to 1/2 cup.