Frosted malts instantly bring me back to my childhood so was pretty pumped to create a healthy dietitian-approved version of a frosty that also happens to be vegan, gluten free and is just as delicious as the original! There’s something about eating with a spoon versus a straw that is so much more satisfying, right? This is an awesome summer treat that is perfect for adults or kids; you can add a teaspoon of instant espresso powder if you want to kick it up a notch for the adults! Or you could even add a tablespoon or two of peanut butter or other nut butter to boost the protein and add a yummy twist. Whatever your take is, I hope you enjoy this as much as I did!
- 2 1/4 cups vanilla unsweetened almond milk, divided (I used Earth’s Own)
- 2 large frozen bananas
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 1/2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- Frozen coconut whip (optional)
- Freeze 1 cup of the almond milk in an ice cube tray until frozen.
- Once frozen, blend it with the remaining 1 1/4 cups almond milk, bananas, cocoa powder, and vanilla until smooth.
- Portion into 2 tall cups and top with a spoonful of coconut whip if desired before enjoying!