These pancakes were nicknamed Angel Cakes by a great family friend who fell in love with them when I made them while camping one morning. He ate the WHOLE batch! This recipe was adapted from Fine Cooking.
- 3 tbsp. melted butter
- 2 c. flour (can substitute gluten-free flour)
- ¼ c. sugar
- 2 ½ tsp. baking powder
- ½ tsp. baking soda
- ½ tsp. salt
- 2 c. buttermilk
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- Melt the butter in a saucepan or microwave and cool.
- In a large bowl, mix together all of the dry ingredients
- In a separate bowl, beat the eggs with a fork and add the buttermilk, vanilla and cooled melted butter
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and stir just until mixed: do not over mix! It will still look lumpy.
- Heat a griddle or pan with a small amount of vegetable oil on medium heat, pour into pancake shapes of your choice, and flip when the bubbles appear on the top and the bottom is golden brown.
- Enjoy with whatever you like to dress your pancakes with!
- Pumpkin Pie: Add 1 cup pumpkin puree + 1 tsp. cinnamon to the batter
- Apple or Pear Cinnamon: Add 3/4 cup grated apple or pear + 1 tsp. cinnamon to the batter
- Raspberry Lemon: Add 1 cup raspberries + 1 tsp. fresh grated lemon zest to the batter
- Banana Bread: Add 2 mashed ripe bananas + 1 tsp. ground cinnamon (1/2 c. chopped walnuts optional)
- Carrot Cake: Add 1 cup mixture of grated carrot and apple + 1 tsp. ground cinnamon (1/4 cup raisins optional)