Everyone needs a go-to salad, this is ours. Loaded with vegetables and healthy vegetarian protein, this salad is filling and PACKED with nutrition. This salad dressing is a staple in our house. We often add feta cheese, it adds a lot of flavour. Your call!
- 2 c. spinach
- 2 c. kale, torn into bite sized pieces
- 3/4 c. chickpeas (drained)
- 3/4 c. cooked and cooled quinoa
- 1 ripe avocado, diced
- 1 red pepper, diced
- 1 yellow pepper, diced
- 1/3 c. pumpkin seeds
- 1/3 c. chopped roasted almonds
- 1/2 c. crumbled feta cheese (optional)
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- Juice of 1 lemon (fresh only)
- 2 tsp. Dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp. sugar or honey
- 3 tbsp. red wine vinegar
- 2/3 c. canola oil
- Salt & pepper to taste
- In a shallow large serving bowl, place the salad ingredients in sections (however you wish!).
- In a mason jar or tall cup, stir together the garlic cloves, lemon juice, dijon mustard, sugar or honey and vinegar. Stir together.
- Add the canola oil in a stream while whisking (or use an Aerolatte, this is ALL I use for making salad dressing, it perfectly emulsifies the dressing). Taste and add salt and pepper if you wish.
- Pour the salad dressing over the salad and serve!