In celebration of National Pancake Day, here is my all-time favourite version of my Angel Cakes … lemon ricotta pancakes!
- 3 tbsp. melted butter
- 2 c. flour (can substitute gluten-free flour)
- ¼ c. sugar
- 2 ½ tsp. baking powder
- ½ tsp. baking soda
- ½ tsp. salt
- 2 ½ c. buttermilk
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1 tsp. grated lemon rind
- 1/2 cup ricotta cheese
- 2 tsp. fresh lemon juice
- Melt the butter in a saucepan or microwave and cool.
- In a large bowl, mix together all of the dry ingredients
- In a separate bowl, beat the eggs with a fork and add the buttermilk, vanilla, lemon rind, ricotta cheese, lemon juice and cooled melted butter
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and stir just until mixed: do not over mix! It will still look lumpy.
- Heat a griddle or pan with a small amount of vegetable oil on medium heat, pour into pancake shapes of your choice, and flip when the bubbles appear on the top and the bottom is golden brown.
- Enjoy with whatever you like to dress your pancakes with!