There are few things in this world more beautiful than the flesh of a kiwifruit. The contrast and symmetry makes them a pure work of art: way to show off Mother Nature!
I was SO excited to have the chance to partner with Zespri Kiwifruit  to make a couple of recipes with kiwis! Kiwifruit, are a nutrient-dense food, meaning they have a lot of nutrition per calorie; an average kiwifruit contains a mere 45-50 calories. They have vitamin C, antioxidants, which support immune health and skin health, and fibre and potassium, which help reduce the risk of heart disease. In fact, one serving (2 kiwis) of Green kiwifruit contains as much fibre as a bowl of bran flakes and a serving of SunGold kiwifruit contains as much potassium as a medium banana!
Given how gorgeous this fruit is, I wanted to make something that really allowed it to be the star of the dish visually: a tart did the trick! Of course, it was also important to me to make something that was on the healthy side, and this one delivers. A rich, protein-packed lime-infused Greek yogurt fills a nutty-coconut base sweetened with a bit of honey, and the whole thing is topped with a beautiful display of kiwifruit! It’s healthy and really not complicated at all! To be honest, I would eat this for breakfast with ZERO guilt. Of course, it makes a showy dessert to serve to your family or guests too!
I used both golden and green kiwis to add visual appeal and contrast to the tart. The Zespri Green Kiwis  are tangier whereas the Zespri Sungold Kiwis  are sweeter and milder with a smoother texture; you can use either one or both, it’s really up to you! I love that Zespri Kiwifruit focuses on quality as there’s nothing more annoying than getting your produce home to find it bruised or mushy and not tasting good!
You can add more or less honey to the filling as you wish, the sweetness can be easily adjusted based on how sweet you want it. I would love to hear how you like the recipe in the comments below! Enjoy!
- 1 ½ c. pecan halves
- 1 ½ c. sweetened shredded coconut
- ½ tsp. cinnamon
- 1 Tbsp. honey
- 2 Tbsp. melted butter or coconut oil
- pinch salt
Lime Yogurt Filling:
- 4 c. plain full-fat Greek yogurt
- ½ c. honey
- 2 tsp. lime juice
- 2 tsp. lime zest
- 3 Zespri SunGold Kiwis, peeled and cut in half length ways, then cut into ¼” thick slices.
- 3 Zespri Green Kiwis, peeled and cut in half length ways, then cut into ¼” thick slices.
- The night before, line a colander with paper towel and place the Greek yogurt on top of the paper towel. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight to drain the yogurt and make it thicker.
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- Process in a food processor until the mixture forms a fine crumble that sticks together when pressed between your fingers.
- Pat the crust firmly and evenly along the bottom and up the sides of a 10″ fluted tart pan.
- Bake the crust until golden brown, for 15-20 minutes. Set aside to cool.
- Combine all of the lime yogurt filling ingredients in a medium bowl and stir together until combined. Spoon the filling and smooth evenly over the cooled prepared crust.
- Place the cut kiwifruit in a circular pattern on top of the yogurt filling and refrigerate for 2-8 hours until ready to serve.
This post was sponsored by Zespri Kiwi Fruit, thank you for making this post possible and for growing such beautiful fruit!