I simply couldn’t resist. I LOVE gingerbread, and my new introduction to the Epicure Gingerbread spice has somehow sparked a world of holiday foodie creativity in me! Gingerbread for breakfast? Sure, why the heck not.
Happy Holidays loves! xo
- 3 Tbs. melted butter
- 2 1/2 c. flour
- 1/3 c. sugar
- 3 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 tbsp. Epicure Gingerbread Spice
- 1/2 c. fancy molasses
- 2 1/4 c. buttermilk*
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 2 large eggs, beaten
*If you don’t have buttermilk you can add 1 Tbsp. white vinegar to your regular milk and let it sit for 5 minutes before using
- Melt the butter and set aside.
- In a large bowl mix together all of your dry ingredients with a whisk.
- Combine the molasses, buttermilk, vanilla, eggs and butter. Add to the dry ingredients and stir with a whisk until just combined.
- Heat a frying pan with some vegetable oil on medium heat and cook your pancakes on each side, flipping when bubbles appear on the top and the bottom is golden brown.
Makes 10-12 small pancakes